Sunday 17 January 2016

First snow of the year at The Lodge

I popped into The Lodge this morning to see if the snow had brought the Brambling and Siskin to the feeders, initially unfortunately not so I popped over the road to the Heath and was surprised to find some pretty substantial mixed flocks of birds feeding on the seed in the fields, containing mainly, Yellowhammer, Reed Bunting, the odd Siskin, Lesser Redpole & Dunnock. There were also quite good quantities of Red -legged Partridge, Mistle Thrush, Fieldfare, Redwing in the area so not a bad move on the photographic front.

I eventually ended up back at the feeder by the shop and at last a Brambling appeared very briefly so not a bad morning in the field. During my earlier visit to the feeders we also had a very brief visit from a Stoat but he was far too quick for me to get a shot, next time i will nab him.












No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails